View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WENDYLOST101

You are going to be so proud

Hey guys. Guess what? Friday night me and my husband went to a Celebrate Recovery meeting. It was wonderful. We went for a hour of worship\testimony. We saw chips be passed out and then we went to a newcomers class to find out more and then my husband spoke out loud about himself and his addiction to the rest of the newcomers class. I did not expect that at all. I was so proud of him, and I wanted to be supportive so I spoke also. Told my name and admitted that I am a codie. It was great. I met the leader of the loved ones group and my husband met one of the leaders of the mens chemically dedpendant group. He actually sat down at a table and talked with him for about 15 min. Got his phone number and everything. It truly made a difference in the rest of our weekend. I will definitley be going back and hubby said he wants to go back too. So I saw some initiative frrom him this weekend that I have not seen in a long time. I told him how I was proud of him. We also got up and went to church again for the second Sunday in a row. I think that makes a big difference too.

So, it may not be al-anon, but it was a recovery meeting still, and it was trtuly helpful to be around other people with my same problems and we were made to feel so comfortable.

Arent you proud of me? I am proud of myself.

Thanks guys.