View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Jewelz
Just plainly tired

You've both lost your kids, (etc.) to drugs, you can help each other through it, or you can fight about... It's your choice as to how you guys want to deal with it.
Me personally, I would rather work with anyone I could to solve the drug war.
It's the drugs we are at war with. I hope you, if anything, you get some help for yourself here, this is so much about your son, and so little about you so far, don't let his drug dealing ruin your life. This is a great place to focus on your needs
Done with it thank you for trying to have others see what we should. I have been reading this thread since yesterday and what struck me as soon as I read KeepFaiths first post is how she has the same pain as the families here who lost their family to drugs. While Keepfaith son is in a gang, dealing drugs, and most of the time shows no remorse for his actions but at times he does show respect.. does show her his true self at times which give her hope... hope he is still in there. Don't we go through the same thing with our addicts?? Don't we see them lost, using drugs, some of our addicts steal our last dollar, steal our items and just take our heart away becauase of all the drugs they do but then at times they look into our eyes even if they are using and we can still see the person we love the same very person who broke our heart a day ago. Why are we any different then her or why is our Addict any different than her son??? For her to get her son out of a gang is not easy esspecially if its the ********s.. the same way it's practically impossible to get our addict to stop using drugs. I do believe KeepFaith should look into whats in her power to get him to leave.. or to send him somewhere before he is 18. But we need to be there for Keepfaith she came here for a reason... she is reaching out... who are we to judge her, be mean to her or come out harsh. It's a crazy situation something thats very hard to understand for us the same way to a regular person who never dealt with a loved on drugs to understand why we deal with our addicts.

Keepfaith please dont let some of the responses push you away. Just hearing about a drug dealer some times sparks the hurt we feel inside of our loved ones. At times I sent my addicts drug dealer to hell and back untill i realize its not the drug dealers fault .. the drug dealer is living his own hell. When I realized that I prayed for my boyfriends drug dealer.

Keepfaith I am praying for you, and both your sons and I hope to see more of you.

Hugs,
Jewel

Last edited by BigSis; 08-15-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Removed identifying information