View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MsGolightly

my ex and i lived about 50 feet apart (still do) when we split ... she had her "friend" (who she cheated on me with) live with her the past 2.5 months. i had to live seeing their cars every day in the parking lot, and once in awhile bumping into them outside (of course, we all pretended like we didn't know each other). at first it was pure torture. i would feel so sick just knowing they were in her apartment together... or out together.

the good news is, that i did get used to it. i was no longer afraid to walk out my front door. they had no right to make ME feel uncomfortable where i lived! it was nuts what i was doing to myself. it did take weeks, but the anxiety i felt walking to my car or coming home every day slowly disappeared. but, i would try to avoid any kind of run-in if i could.

staying at your parents is a good idea. i did that a lot the past few months, at first, and now it's been a month and a half since i've felt the need to go "home" - if that says anything. i hope you had a good trip! where did you go?!