Thread: Predicament
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
an'ka

Predicament

I find myself in a very interesting situation. AH's girlfriend called me at work yesterday asking if I'd seen or heard anything from AH. They were supposed to fly back to work (both work for the same company) on Saturday five days ago, but he never showed up. He's been on a two and a half week binge now and hasn't called me or his parents in at least a week.

Thoughts are swirling in my head. Here goes yet another woman worried sick about my husband. His mother can't sleep from anxiety, I suffered from his alcoholism for what feels like forever, our baby girl hardly knows him, and now this youngster... And when I say youngster, I don't mean it sarcastically. She is 21 and he is 36. She sounds so sweet on the phone, as if she is still an adolescent, and almost makes me feel maternal. I want to warn her about the full gravity of AH's addiction, but I know it's not my place. Or is it? I am torn as to how much information to disclose. She is still so young and has no idea what she is getting herself into.

She is actually coming to town with her brother and AH's boss to "look for him"--good gracious, we've ALL done that so many times... Same situation, different players.