Old 08-08-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
pointmagnet

The 95% is a toughie, but I think I was close to that today. Had a good day at work, skipped out early to play some golf with a friend - first time I had played in three years. Then lifted weights with my son after shamelessly pounding back a Big N Tasty Cheeseburger from MacDonalds... We joked about going to Bolivia next year and bicycling down the "World's Most Dangerous Highway," a 60km downhill ride with a 3600m vertical drop!

Even my daughter was reasonably pleasant this evening, as I chatted amicably with her while gobbling up the burger. (She's a vegetarian and sometimes can be a little annoying if you eat meat around her)

The only downer today was that the youngest boy had a virus or something earlier with a high fever. However, he seems much better now.

The happiness I had today seemed to stem from just letting go and focus on now rather than worrying about what will come tomorrow or next week or next year for that matter. I enjoyed just being me today without help from any substances. What a change.

Tomorrow may not be as pleasant, but you never know - it may be better! That one-day-at-a-time philosophy may be hackneyed and cliched but it can work.