View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hope213

welcome to S.R. i also am the mom of an addict son. he started with alcohol when he was 17, by the age of 23 he was addictd to crack. he is now 36yrs. old.has been in prison more than out since 23, all due to drugs & is still active. i wish i had found recovery for my self when this first started. i would have saved myself a lot of pain & alot of money. there is nothing you can do to save your son. if this drug dealer is picked up there will be another one to take his place. i am sorry for your pain, but your son is going to use until he is really to quit.the 3 c's helped me alot.i did not CAUSE it, i can not CONTROL it & i can not CURE it. i knew nothing about drugs,never knew anyone whom had used them.i put him in rehab for alcohol at 17, i made bails,paid lawyers, more rehabs.i lost my home because of his using.today i know i can not save him,it is up to him.,i have learned to take care of myself & turn him over to my H.P. it is about letting go or getting dragged. i chose to let go. it does not mean i do not love my son, i love him as much as any one loves there son.when i found recovery i was at my wits end. this site & meetings save my sanity. i thought i was the only mom that was dealing with this. keep coming back & read all the post.readthe sticky"what addicts do" at the top of the forum. untill he is ready it is only going to get worse. keep coming back. prayers for u & your son.