View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 05:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gerette64
Mom to three

Unhappy Son is sellling marijuana.........

I have a 17 year old son that started using marijuana about a year ago. He and I have always had wonderful communication, and he's admitted to using pot, telling me he is a teenager and just having fun. Back in March, April, May, things became very heated between us........fights, silent treatments, etc....because I don't condone what he is doing. But since that time, he has followed the house rules, has not been confrontational and very pleasant when at home.

Well, now through his internet activity and myspace account, I have recently found out he is the delivery boy for a 19 yr old marijuana (& whatever else) seller. I checked his cell phone records last month and there were 54 different phone numbers listed on his bill. For a 17 year old, that's a lot.

I also purchased computer software for me to read his conversations - he is definately getting drugs for other kids. He does not know of this software and I have not confronted him about this because if he knows I found this through the internet, he will be more careful in the future and I will be in the dark again.

I thought if I could get rid of the seller he is friends with, that would help, so I sent the sheriff's department an anonymous note listing all the information about this person (19 yrs old) and what he is up to (I also included his license plate number). I know this puts my son at risk of being caught, but, he is breaking the law as well. I also sent them the address of where my son hangs out frequently - with drug use and underage drinking happening on a daily basis.

I know my son is just as guilty as this other guy, but, what do I do???? If I were to contact the sheriff's department about my son, and he knew it was me, I know my son would end any type of communication with me. That is a risk to big for me to take right now. I have talked to my son about going to a out patient treatment program, but he insists he does not have a problem and it's just an experimental stage. He will not go willingly.

Has anyone else been in this situation before? I love my son, want to help him, but don't want to sever my relationship with him in the process.