Thread: help
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MeggieStar
Starry Girl

Sigh. I am going to weigh in on one thing only.

The past two years I have not been working but have been going to school for education to be a teacher while "letting" my AH make the money. To those who suggested doing this, I would caution that it isn't very easy. First off, you are in school, maybe even grad school like me, the workload is heavy. Second you have kids, you are constantly worrying about because you are going to school all the time and leaving him (them) home with their addict dad or babysitters, third you constantly worry about being able to even finish school because you are counting on an addict to provide for you! And if he goes off the deep end there goes all your hard work.

IMO, you shouldn't depend on an addict for support for AnYThing, especially a commitment of schooling for a few years. This is just my two cents, having struggled through it, and then personally having to go back to work just two months before I am to start student teaching because my husband lost his job (again) and went back to rehab (again.)