View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 02:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cglass63

Unhappy new to this site, daughter is addict

My daughter who is 27yrs old is a drug addict, she also sells cocaine to support her own habit. She was arrested a few months ago was in jail a couple of weeks when some one bailed her out, she was out two days and was re-arrested same charges. After serving almost three months she was released on time served. While in jail she was going to meetings, church etc..... and talking about how she was going to change and live a clean life so she could get her two children back. She could have went to a christianed based rehab place when she was released but she chose not to because they are to strict. My husband who is not her father (her father is in rehab for alcohol & drug abuse) offered to pick her up when she was released but she didn't call us (he is 23 yrs sobber). She called and left message the next day that she was staying with a friend. She called me five days later needing a place to spend the night. I asked her what her plans were for the next day, look for a job, go to a meeting, seek help......, she had no plans. While she was in jail I went to visit, wrote her letters, sent cards and put money in her canteen. I told her when she was released I would take her to any meeting and even attend meetings with her but I guess she didn't want to go. (I did not let her spend the night). She has been arrested again for cocain poss. I know in my heart that she chose the path she has taken and only she can change. I will write to her (she doesn't know I know she's back in jail), but I will not accept phone calls it cost $3.00 per phone call for 15 minutes, and I will not send money to her canteen, tough love is so hard and my heart is breaking. I keep thinking I am dealing with this ok but sometimes I'm not so sure.