View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 11:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

Thumbs down all over again....

The pdoc Trevor is seeing is questioning Trevor's diagnoses.
He doesn't think Trevor is bipolar afterall.
And he's known Trevor for all of - what - 20 minutes?!? Yup, 2 visits, and he changes the diagnoses the Mass hospital made; and the meds. Put him on an anti-depressant again.
How long before the next mania attack?
And how much damage will it cause...

To be sure, Trevor did not give him full and complete information. I think he's back in denial. He said he's doing well, (not), and that he was doing well while in prison, and not on meds, (not). Both then and now, he's gone through episodes of mania, evidenced by verbal aggression, hysteria and aggitation. He's ignoring how well he did when on a mood stabilizer in Mass.

I am so sick and tired of these RI doctors who ignore the best medical evidence and keep their heads in the sand. All to save a dollar. Mass is a leader in the treatment of dual diagnosed patients because they recognize the necessity of treating both the mental illness and the addiction together to prevent relapse. RI has consistently refused to do so, even as their own research says the same!

Sorry, I'm jsut venting here out of complete and utter frustration. I cannot believe that, once more, some moron doctor isn't taking a full history and isn't contacting family members for information concerning his past. Enough is enough! :uzi2:

Shalom!