View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

Originally Posted by wking2change View Post
My counselor says I've been making great strides in terms of my own recovery...at times like this, I wonder. But then, I am reaching out...bless each of you for your support.
And that's where your focus should be...on you.

I know you have 101 questions as to what your AH is and isn't doing. No one here can answer that for you. We can give our best opinion/guess, but that's really all it is, a guess or opinion. You know, I always say go with your gut feeling. My gut never lies to me.

But here's the problem. You can try to police him 24/7, follow him, check up on him, snoop, blah blah blah. NONE of that will do you any good. Yeah, you might get more evidence, but trust me, you give it time and it will ALL unfold and be right there in front of you. You turn into a private investigator, and you're going to wear yourself out trying to get one up on him.

My recommendation would be to find Al Anon or Nar Anon meetings in you area and attend. My meetings help me tremendously and I'm happy to report that MY life is much more manageable due to what I've learned by going to those meetings.

Hugs,
Hangin' In