View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 08:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jennchip

My husband found out tonight why his mom had called the counselor. She said that she just wanted to introduce herself. What a joke! She was weasling her way in. My husband is furious and feels that she has manipulated him.

He had invited her to family night tonight, so that he could open some lines of communication for establishing boundaries. He thought that within his small treatment group it would be a safe place to do this. Anyways, family night did not go as planned and she made several responses that were lies, manipulation and showed lack of support.

Afterwards, she asked him if treatment was really working for him. This is his 10th week of treatment and he has come so far, of course treatment is working for him!!!

She would never pose this question to him in front of me. She is still thinking that he is not serious and going to come running to her. Yes, I know that she is responding off of past experience, but she is too blind to see that he has changed his whole life.

By the way...she is an alcohol abuser as well and in serious denial that she has a problem. So everything she is doing, is based on her denial of herself.