Old 08-03-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
igetallnumb
I pulled off your wings ...

Originally Posted by aidnea6 View Post
this is kind of a long shot, but i might as well give it a try:

i currently attend s.m.a.r.t. meetings (self-management and recovery training). they're a lot like AA or NA meetings, but instead of dealing with substance abuse in a spiritual way, they tend to look at it from a more psychological perspective. it's basically like group therapy. i've been to NA, stopped going, and recently switched to s.m.a.r.t., which i like a lot better.

the only problem is..i never see anyone around my age in these meetings (i'm twenty). they're sometimes many years older and often multiple decades. my therapist thinks it would be a good idea if i could find similar type meetings that are more geared towards younger individuals that i could additionally go to. she couldn't think of or find any though.

have you ever heard of this type of group or meeting? while i love s.m.a.r.t. & even NA, i think she's right and that it would help if i met people around my age who probably have more similar experiences. i'm in the NYC area if that helps.

hello im jen I am an addict

Im 26 and live in nyc as well.... its true what your saying i need some people more of my age around... if you want to you can tell me which one u go to and i can go there... i just started going to meetings to i dont have a home base yet

PM me and let me know