View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 04:04 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
dollydo
I'm no angel!

Ray,

For many addicts money is a trigger, payday is the start of a drug induced haze, so, having his check direct deposited may be a good option. Only thing with that is: his name will have to be on the account, so, he can tap it if he wants to.

There is a fine line between control and common sense. I would try and get any money i could. There are no guarantees when dealing with a person who has an addiction.

He will always be an addict, it's just a matter of whether he is active or not, that's the bottom line. This disease has no cure.

My ex-abf now gets out in August, I am not looking forward to that. I did write to him and told him I was done with him, again, it didn't do any good, he is still writing and calling collect, I refuse them, he just won't give up. And now, his parole officer is calling, I keep telling him that ex is not coming back to my home, period, end of conversation.

I sincerely hope he makes it this time, but, that's as far as I will go, I am done...I can no longer hitch my star on him. It's my star, and, I'll shine without him.