View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 12:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Yasmin1970

Originally Posted by GoodPerson View Post
And I am really curious about how one gets to a place where you're sick and tired of being sick and tired...

Well, in responce to that question I can answer by saying the following: I never really thought I had that big a problem with drinking. I would get VERY drunk and do and say stupid things, but then,.... who doesn't ??? (quite a few actually :-) I came to my sick and tired of being sick and tired when I hurt my husband because of my drinking !!!!

It suddenly occurred to me that I was repeating a pattern.... getting so drunk that I felt ashamed and afraid of meeting the people I had been partying with. Sick and tired of saying sorry for getting so drunk last night !!!

It's strange but I have had periods of drinking INXS and blacking out as a result of that, but now that I have REALLY hurt someone, someone I love with all my heart... it is becoming clear to me that I just can't handle drinking anymore. I just don't want to risk putting myself in that situation again, because my husband and my family mean more to me than alcohol.

Feels weird to think that I am never going to drink again, but at the same time it feels good. I feel relief that by stopping I am saving me from myself....and NOT hurting anyone because of who I become when I drink.

Best Regards from
Yasmin