View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 01:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
karrotop

coming out of my cocoon....

good morning all.....hope you are all well today.I am doing well,as far as maintaiing my sobriety.
My,"project" these days is rebuilding my life...I had always lived my life around alchohol....it controlled all aspects of my life...but the worst part was the isolation it brought me.I forgot how to relate to people sober....i had no real personality...I felt like a fraud all the time,always pretending,and not being honest(especially with myself).....I had my,"normal,going to work everyday" face...then,at night,when noone was around(by choice),i would let the alchohol take over....and the depression and self pity would set in....
Now that i have a few months of sobriety,I am discovering who the real person is inside my body....rediscovering myself...what i like and don't like,what makes me happy,and just trying to be honest with myself and others,which feels so good.No more lies...no more deceptions...I am trying to be more open with people,and I am trying very hard NOT to isolate myself...and i find that now i am getting invited to lunches,out for coffee,candle parties,etc.Small steps for,"normal"people......BIG steps for me.....and it feels good! thanks to all....be well!