View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jsk663

My Friend Needs Help! Plz Read!

Dear to anyone who responds,

I am a 19 year old college student who is home for summer and I have a friend who needs help because he's addicted to a lot of drugs. As of 2 years ago, he really didn't do many drugs. In fact he only smoked cigarettes and occasionally a few joints. I was alright with that cause he wasn't abusing any major drugs. It was the winter break of 2006-07 when I noticed something unusual about him. I went over to my friend's house to see him half conscious on a couch, shaking his head randomly. I asked what someone what was wrong with him and the person said that my friend had done Oxycontin. I also found out that he became a frequent user of Xanex and maybe Valium.

Another incident was when he came over to my house, admitted to have done some more O.C....or was it alot of Xanex...but this was around June (this summer) I think. Then he passed out on another friend's car and began to twitch in his sleep. By then he had become a frequent user of these pills, and couldn't function right without them. It was also this time when alot of his friends tried to intervene, telling him things like he should stop or seek help from rehab. My friend didn't listen and for the rest of this summer has been abusing more and more drugs. I also found out and saw him steal his mother's legally prescribed painkillers, which he freely took.

What finally hit me was about three nights ago when my friend admitted to doing heroin two or three times. He said that he would never do it again, but needed to take a lot of Xanex to feel normal. Normal as in he was addicted to heroin now, and to only get the feeling of being on Heroin he has to do all the Xanex.

Right now I really don't know what to do. People have told my friend to constantly seek help but he never does. And my other friends also don't do anything else beyond telling him to stop. I don't know if I should call rehab about it, I don't know if I should tell his parents that he's doing all these drugs (I think his parents already know that he does weed, and suspects he does Cocaine, which is false). I don't want to go to my friends funeral cause he died of overdosing on something, or got killed trying to get the drugs. Personally, I think these pills that he's taking has become an epidemic across the United States and I think it should be stopped. It's just that there are ppl out there who medically need it, thus impossible. Its just that I am sick and tired of seeing people get their lives screwed by drugs. Plz, someone help!