View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 03:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
supertech

Best wishes

Hi riqui 1
I'm not sure where you should be posting as i'm new here myself but wherever you post, there will be some good advice and so much support for you here.

Your husband does sound as though he's had a tough time of things. But it also sounds as though you have too. I have had some counseling in the past for my issues and it really did help so much. I need some more help which is why i'm going straight back to the clinic where I got so much help before as I know this does work for those who spend their lives taking care of those that have substance abuse issues. I've never been to any AA meetings or NA meetings, so I can not comment on them apart from saying that they are life savers!!! I hope i'm not being over dramatic here but I do know what fantastic work they do and all the help and support they offer. If you can not go to any of these meetings, please try to seek some help some other way.

I hate saying this but we can not make our loved ones recover from substance abuse probs. We can love and support them but we will never cure them. It is beyond our control but we can certainly take care of ourselves.

I have only been posting here for a few days but already have had so much advice and support so please keep posting and i'm sure this will help.

Best wishes to you
ST