View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 10:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Melanchonika

i 100% agree anything can become a persons religion. sometimes religion is closely related to idolatry. or should i say idolatry plays a part in religion, and vice-versa.

my hatred of clutter is a religion. i will let it rule me. i will let it alter my day. i will allow junk out of place to take over my mind, for a whole hour. for two hours. on and off for an entire day. i serve clutter. clutter dictates to me what i do next. i will let the 'truth' of that clutter isnt the best thing, to get mixed up with ideas 'false' about clutter, such as it will haunt me or make me miserable if i dont deal with right away. so, the cycle goes on, with clutter dictating, and clutter wins. i idolize clutter. i have a very sick relationship with clutter.

now, eventually i see its not really about clutter, clutter is the trigger.....clutter is the temptation..........clutter is the way my sickness manifests, or plays out. the real religious sickness is within myself, in my core........and to stay well, i must recognize it, and eradicate it, and call it out for its lies it tells me. i cant live at peace and harmony, while indulging in clutter.

some say if i go to church, find God, or attend meetings, i can better from clutter. while this is true.....i went to church; they told me to serve......just not clutter. i went to God (who at that time was really only my superego....not the real God anyway)....well, my superego wanted to control me, just the same way clutter did. i went to some meetings, and they assured me that getting out of myself.....and giving to the meetings/people instead would help. but when i did all those things, it seemed like the same principles were working, just like with the clutter. i was told when you are doing it for something GOOD though, it is blessed; you WILL get better, as long as you keep doing it. but i never got better.

in short, i think anything that causes you to operate out of weakness, isnt healthy for you. meetings, books, counselors.....that use shame and guilt will keep a person stunted and acting/serving/doing out of weakness. now doing something, or operating out of STRENGTH is completely different. some types of help will only reitterate and pick up where our last weakness left off. other recovery tools will teach us a radical new way.....and teach us to operate out of strength. i dont just want to stay clean from clutter....i want to learn the radical new way. the life i never lived.......i want that life now. and im not willing to settle for any recovery helps that only duplicate the same principles that kept me sick. because, thats not really recovery then.