View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Introvrtd1

Friday morning.....

Played some basketball this morning. Havent done that in years.

(This is becoming sort of a journal. I really dont intend to do that, because I would like to post helpful hints.)

For some reason I was really winded after the game. Wanted to quit during the first half, but didnt want to ruin it for everybody. Guess Im not really working hard enough during regular workouts. I figure it was the intensity of the game, with all the sprinting back and forth on the court, instead of the steady moderate run or bike ride. (Kinda guess where Im going with this?)

The ole' hyper v started creapin in. After that, the panic. Okay, activate coping strategy.

Strategy not responding. Okay, alert the cbt and check for stabilization.....

........Negative........no response........panic intensifiying.........

Want to run............want to shout out for help.................no, wait. Too many people around. Would be embarrassing.

..........activate self talk..........It will pass..........gettin' scared...........It will pass..........activate distraction............distraction technique engaged...........

Its working............panic subsiding................heart still palpitating.....

Too aware of heartbeat..........panic rising again. Legs feel unstable. Getting dizzy.

Hold on, hold on.................(wondering....how far away is the ER?)

Breathe normally, dont sigh.............Okay, whatever happens.........happens.

Panic subsiding......... Vision clearing.........Quickly feeling normal.

Stop into this restroom..............No one here....Good! A little cold water on the wrists, hands, face.

Time to reflect.

Another attack occured. Another battle won.

That felt like a biggie. Looking on the bright side, havent had a biggie in quite some time, versus every day years ago.

It can be done.

With each success, there is less intensity, less frequency.

Triggers have less of an effect (Hot, humid gym).

The next time you find yourself in this similar situation..........

Remember..............if nothing else..............

.........it will pass.

Intro