View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
crenny

Hi Wyshy,

I do not know the exent of your wife's drinking but I can tell you from personal experience that attacking my drinking from a mind, body and spiritual perspective is what has saved me. I was a two bottle of wine a day drinker, sometimes three a day on the weekends. I have always known and research is now showing alcoholism and problem drinking is about the wiring of the brain. Talk therapy alone is not going to fix it. We need to replace our bodies with the nutrients we have depleted it of. I found hypnotherapy to be highly effective as well. For the time being I am also taking a prescription drug to further assist me in staying abstinent. I am basically following the program I discovered in a book called "My Way Out" by Roberta Jewell. It is a quick, easy read and I think both you and your wife would get a lot out of it. If you google it you will find the website where you can purchase it. Best of luck to you and your wife. I think she sounds like she is on the right track in terms of how she wants to approach this!!!