View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 12:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ShawMac

Wow dgillz!-I dont think ive been so misunderstood in my Life!-we're obviously on two very different pages(by the way I believe VERY much in God).I meant "religion"in a broader sense in that one can make a "religion"out of anything(stamp collecting,Elvis memorabilia,mountain climbing--anything)Once established---Rituals,Lingo,modes of thought,practises,certain literatures become entrenched and ridgidly applyed and people eventually cant see the forest for the trees.The 12 steps are the core of AA and everything else(mentioned above) is a "religion" of a group of people trying to live and practice the steps.In my small town I have seen people openly berated ,stabbed in the back,driven from the room in tears,ignored(all kinds of thins) for not saying things in the correct manner,working steps in"the wrong order",mentioning drugs as they share etc.All Im saying is that once a religion is established ,intolerance ,non acceptance,divisiveness and other behaviors inevitabally creap in and kind of corrupt the original spiritual intent meant .I just kindve have problems with religions (so to speak) and im seeing these aspects in myAA and its always bothered me--Wheres the live and let live?--the "take it easy" and such?Anywhooo.... I dont know if I explained my notion well or not--and I may hit ameeting before Monday(so obviously Im not ragingly livid)--Just something that bothers me and wondered if anyone else could relate(t'sall).As per the responses some people did and some didnt(And Im not a confrontational sort--plus being sick and all--Iwont bat this around here like a baseball) Peace Out Bro'