Old 07-24-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
megsy
texas girl!

oh honey... i came to this forum today to post much the exact same thing. My significant other, who i am verrry much in love with also, has gone back to methamphetamine. its a scary place for him AND ME to be... especially when we were on it together, two years ago he went to jail, i got sober and he came home... sober... now we have been trying to develop a relationship and i find out he's back on speed. Its hard, and now I dont know what to do. I understand your post completely, and thank you for sharing this.

Much love to you, and I know we can get through this. As i've been lurking on this site for a few weeks, i know there are many wonderful people who have gone through a situation much like ours, and came out a better person.

what i know from my own experience being a year and a half in my OWN recovery from drugs and alcohol is that we addicts cannot stop for another person. I never could stop for my mom, my family, my friends, my boyfriend, anything. there is no reasoning on drugs. so he cannot or will not see the pain that he's putting other people through, because of the selfishness.

I don't have much advice. I just wanted to post and say I will be watching this thread, because I am in a similar boat to yours.

At least we don't have to float alone.