View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Introvrtd1

Smile Diet and Exercise

I cant forget to mention to how important diet and exercise are to keeping our panic/anxiety at bay.

I know that sometimes, medication is an integral part of it and may be very necessary. I dont intend to have superior knowledge over licensed health practice. Im just sharing a few simple things that may help take the edge off of this terrible condition.

Anyway, part of my job/career is to participate in an exercise program at least 30 min a day, three times a week. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday we are out as a group participating in mandatory exercise during working hours.

Go figure.

I get paid to go to the gym. Ironically, with exercise being so important in the battle against panic/anxiety, I ruin it with my drinking. After that,.......... withdrawal,...........during withdrawal.........panic.

But, had I not been exercising, I would be a lot worse off.

Walking on the treadmill, riding the stationary bike, swinging on the cross trainer (everyones favorite), stairmaster, aerobics (hate aerobics), running, and maybe some light weight training.

Exercise is very helpful. Drinking is not.

CBT is very helpful. Drinking is not.

Medication is very helpful.........Drinking is not.

For some of us, the panic/anxiety has a cause that is simple to fix. For most of us it may not.

But for all of us there is good news, we can be cured of panic/anxiety.

Intro