View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Guinevere

I am glad to be back . . .

I have been away for a while and I am trying to catch up with the new information and new members in the forum. While disconnected from my computer and internet service, I couldn't wait to discuss the Larry King interview with Daniel Baldwin and the Time Magazine article about addictions. Since Baldwin and the article have been covered, I will only comment on what struck me personally.

During the LK interview, Baldwin was asked about signs of drug abuse. I was surprised by his response, as I expected to hear a listing of physical symptoms of drugging. Instead, Daniel mentioned the breakdown in communication. He said that an active drug addict won't answer the phone, return calls, and the voice mailbox will be full. Within two weeks of my son's return from treatment, my husband and I were frantic because we could not get our AS to return calls and his voicemail was full. His friends were calling us to check. It was as though DB was describing exactly what we experienced. AS said that he was tired of the constant questions, therefore he went incommunicato. I guess his actions really scream of relapse.

Do you know of other characteristics that moms and dads of adult addicts might not be aware of? What are the subtle signs of active addiction?

Welcome to new forum members. SR is a wonderful place for support and information.

Thanks to all of you who have responded to my inquiries in the past.