Old 07-19-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
queenteree
Recovering Nicely

I always thought I was co-dependent, but reading the patterns now is making me doubt I am, but then - what am I????

Denial Patterns:
· I have difficulty identifying what I am feeling. NOT ME
· I minimize, alter or deny how I truly feel. NOT ME
· I perceive myself as completely unselfish and dedicated to the well being of others. YES DEFINITELY MY OPINION OF MYSELF!!!!

Low Self Esteem Patterns:
· I have difficulty making decisions. SOMETIMES
· I judge everything I think, say or do harshly, as never "good enough." NOT ME
· I am embarrassed to receive recognition and praise or gifts. NOT ME
· I do not ask others to meet my needs or desires. NOT ME
· I value others' approval of my thinking, feelings and behavior over my own. DON'T CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK.
· I do not perceive myself as a lovable or worthwhile person. I KNOW I'M LOVABLE AND RAH AND FAMILY ARE LUCKY TO HAVE ME.

Compliance Patterns:
· I compromise my own values and integrity to avoid rejection or others' anger. NOPE, DON'T CARE IF OTHERS GET ANGRY OR REJECT ME, WHO NEEDS THEM???
· I am very sensitive to how others are feeling and feel the same. NOT REALLY.
· I am extremely loyal, remaining in harmful situations too long. YES AT TIMES
· I value others' opinions and feelings more than my own and am afraid to express differing opinions and feelings of my own. I ALWAYS SPEAK MY MIND AND FEEL MY FEELINGS AND OPINIONS ARE JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE NEXT PERSON'S.
· I put aside my own interests and hobbies in order to do what others want. NO, ONLY TO HELP SOMEONE. BUT MOST PEOPLE GET ANGRY WITH ME WHEN I WON'T PUT ASIDE SOMETHING FOR THEM.
· I accept sex when I want love. NOPE - I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SEX AND LOVE.

Control Patterns:
· I believe most other people are incapable of taking care of themselves. YES.
· I attempt to convince others of what they "should" think and how they "truly" feel. ALL THE TIME, BUT WORKING ON IT!
· I become resentful when others will not let me help them. NOT AT ALL, WISH THEY DIDN'T WANT MY HELP.
· I freely offer others advice and directions without being asked. ALL THE TIME BUT WORKING ON IT.
· I lavish gifts and favors on those I care about. NOPE, I'M CHEAP!
· I use sex to gain approval and acceptance. AGAIN, NO, DON'T NEED TO USE SEX TO GAIN APPROVAL AND ACCEPTANCE.
· I have to be "needed" in order to have a relationship with others. NO, CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BE NEEDED.

So, what am I then????? Just a control freak????