Thread: Siblings
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 01:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cipher17
Paused

my brother is 5 years younger than me. i like to think he didn't know about some of the stuff that went on. My parents always favored him as "the boy" and let him do everything and everything. A prime example of the differences? My 1st car had to be "sensible." So, with my own money I bought a reliable 4-door sedan, 7 years old. My brother? They bought him a 65 Mustang. Mm-hmm.

We are close now, I can't blame him for the way my parents treated him, it's not his fault. I see him every week. We rarely talk about childhood or our parents' behavior. He knows as well as I that they are both Alcoholics, but what can we do? We've both talked to them about it, and they get angry.

My brother, his wife and their child are moving back in with the 'rents due to financial trouble. I have to raise the issue with him of my dad's abuse of me in childhood, because i see the same behavior toward his wife. "C'mere and give me a big hug" and then the hug is specifically so he can feel you r breasts pressing against him. That's how it started. And i know if my dad abuses my brother's wife, it will end his marriage.

This is probably a dumb question but why can't people be responsible for their actions? Why does it become my problem to point this out? I can't just ignore it.