Thread: What Addicts Do
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 12:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
FlowerChild1952

My first experience of joining this site, some one sent Jon's story to me. I first sat slacked jawed and then I started into a crying jag that lasted three days. This was my son all over the place. I was in more denial of his addiction than he is. I am addicted to being mrs. fix all and suckling a son who wants me out of his way. I realize the longer I tried to fix him the longer he would use and use and use some more. And lie and lie and lie some more. And steal and steal some more, you would of thought my wake up call would of been when he stole my cancer drugs that eased my pain from chemo therapy...and yes guys he did it twice! I am no longer beating up on myself and telling me I did something wrong as a parent...I am getting healthy and hopefully he see's that and does it for his self...Thanks Jon for that story and thanks again Ann for posting it again. I have printed a copy of it and put it on my fridge so when the phone rings in the middle of the night...I dont pick up...and I remember this can change if I change too.