View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 10:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
ladyamalthea

Hollywood,

You remind me a lot of my sister right before things got really bad. I know you haven't stolen yet, but believe me, you will if you don't get help now. My sister always swore she could stop at any time; she now has three felony charges against her, not to mention that she almost died after an accidental OD. And she is only 19! So much life ahead of her, but she was on a path to end it too quickly... and I think you know the stakes here, so I don't mean to sound preachy, but I hope and pray that you find the strength to do what it takes to get into a good rehab program. You need to be away from all people and places that you associate with the coke long enough to fully detox, and then for even longer, so you have a sober place where you can focus on meetings, therapy and making new friends.

I hate to have to say this, but deep down I think you already know that anyone who is willing to sit by while you harm yourself, whether by doing coke or anything else, is not a true friend. This person emotionally abandoned you a long time ago, now it would be in your best interest to remove yourself from that situation. Trust me, as harsh as this sounds, they will just find someone else to get high with until they are ready to stop... and until they are ready to stop, it will be very hard for you to be around them without getting high. Even if you could do it, why would you want to be around someone who gets high while you are trying to stop?

I know you think you have things under control, but please think long and hard about getting help now. There are all kinds of resources out there, don't be afraid to use them.

*hugs and prayers*