Old 07-15-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Originally Posted by stefanie View Post
Thanks everyone for your kindness and words of wisdom. You all have given me
such a lift today.
My family and friends have been so supportive, and I have many wonderful
resources at the cancer center, so I have been blessed in many ways.
My son is the only one who hasnt been able to be there for me, and I feel
sad about that.

Stefanie, I'm so sorry for your health problems and the problems you are experiencing with your son. Heroin's control is so very powerful...it's a dreadful addiction (they all are of course) He is probably at the point where he has to use to not be dope sick. I'm not making excuses for him, I just found it a little easier not to take it personally when I could separate my daughter from the disease. I'm sure he wants to be there for you and I pray some day he does find his way.

I do understand your hurt...your feelings are valid. Sadly, as I read this my thought was that with no contact at least you can focus your energy on getting well and not be sucked into his drama.

It really helps me to focus on my blessings. I find I need to feel all the range of emotions but not dwell on the sad or negative things too long. I'm glad you posted this..I hope getting out the hurt is helpful and that by expressing it you can move through it and focus on the blessings in your life and put all your positive energy into getting better. You and your son are in my prayers. Gentle hugs.