Thread: Stark Reality
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
chero
full of hope

Originally Posted by minnie View Post
I have a sneaky feeling that A) partners are looked down on for putting up with the behaviour.
I wonder if that is true?? You know I do think I was looked down upon by friends for standing by him all those years but it didn't occur to me that I was looked down upon by my AH.

I can't get over the fact that addicts in other forums don't talk about their spouse. That surprises me so much!

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
there are times when I think she deserved sainthood for the BS she put up with. And while I might've subconsciously thought she'd never leave me, it doesn't surprise me now that she did, I sometimes wonder what took her so long.
Astro, that makes me sad. I remember my AH telling me once about a client of his whose wife had left him after 50 years of marriage. He told my husband that he drank on the weekends and blah, blah, blah. My AH felt sorry for him.

But I know there are two sides to every story and who knows what that woman went through. If the man admits to being a weekend drunk who knows what he isn't admitting to.

I just thought I don't want to wake up and have been dealing with the same problems for 50 years! OMG!

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
I sometimes wonder what took her so long.
I'm sometimes surprised it took me so long to leave.