View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LGLG07
Let Go Let God

just left the police station

After being gone from the house since Sunday with the kids (we left because ah was drinking again , something he adamantly denied) I got several phone calls from ah this afternoon and in many of them he threatened suicide .

So I did what I always knew I should do , what I have adviced others to do , and what I never thought I would have the guts to do ... I called the police on him .
I was two hours away , I called our local Police Dept and explained the situation to them , they sent a car to check on ah , he was drunk but cooperative. They took him to the hospital . When the officer called me back to tell me he was in the hospital detox I told him that I really wanted to return to my home but didnt want to risk ah showing up there when he was discharged (probably tomorrow morning) . He suggested I get a restraining order . I did .

I drove the two hours home , leaving my oldest daughter at my cousins for the next couple of days and dropping off my other 2 older kids at friends houses ( I took the baby with me) and I went right to the police station . They were expecting me . I had to speak with the judge on a taped line . I explained to him what ah did on Sat nght , although he never put his hands on me , he did kick things around and throw things in my direction . I was granted the temporary restraining order and have to go to court next Thursday to make it permanent .

Unexpectedly , I feel really good . I'm glad with how things went tonight . Very little drama , just told the facts and I was treated with respect . No pity .

If any of you are stuck where I was .. unsure if this is the right thing to do , chances are , it is . I'm not really concerned right now for what he will do when he gets served with the papers . I dont care if he freaks out , gets drunker or accepts them quitely . Makes no difference to me & my recovery . Im doing whats best for me and my kids from now on . All will be okay in the end , althougth there may be some bumps in the road .

I feel good , I feel really really good .