View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
loverof1

Here is the thing. If he had not told me that he had a problem I never would have went into overdrive trying to find the answer to get him help. He lied. He has always drank, but he appeared to be spiraling to me. Our lives have been upside down for months, but prior to that we have always had a very very good relationship. He asked me to trust him and believe in him that he would do the right thing if he really had a problem. I just dont know now if he truly had a problem or if he just went through a guy crisis. He has been stressed at work, which he brought home with him. He hasnt had a drink that I know of since last Thursday and it is not uncommon for him to go days and even sometimes weeks without a drink, but at that time he told me he had a problem and I took it at face value. It never occurred to me that he would lie about having a problem in order to get himself out of trouble with me.

He did say that he was wrong and that we do need to see a marriage counselor to help us to communicate better. He seems to be making an effort in every way.

Its just so confusing.