Thread: Ghost Stories!
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 10:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Daffodil
Queen of one liners

Well, now that I have taken 2 Excidern maybe I can bore you some more or atleast finish this GHOST STORY for Dinotar.......

As you can see I was in dire straights so to speak....something one would call a no win situation.....hand stuck to the door frame, knocking on the floor that I can't hear because of the radio but am sure is happening, something pushing hard ect.ect.

WHEN in through the very small openning in the door a hand is
reaching.....OH, No! Fingers wiggling.......WHEN

I

suddenly.........

Oh my goodness!

Have you ever been in such a state of mind that nothing makes any sense.....If you have then maybe you'lll understand that by this time I'd had all I could reasonably take and stay sane.......

Only a moment of clarity could save me from going over the edge.

I realized I knew that hand!

It belonged to HIMSELF!

How in the H** was I supposed to know that the mill had broken down and he'd get off early......That it was him pushing so hard against the door to get in, thinking I was being murdered.....Finally I managed to let him in the house...Now you'd think him being Irish he'd have seen the humor in the whole thing BUT not him....Now I am still stuck to the d*** door frame so I have to stand there while Himself is yelling his head off wanting to know JUST WHAT WAS GOING ON?

Now what would you have done????

I proceed to tell Himself the whole story (still stuck to the door frame). I was wishing that I was a fast enough thinker to make up a good lie but since that's NOT what my H.P. made me I was stuck with the truth as well as the door frame......Then I get this LOOK,

you know the LOOK we get, right...

.I thought you'd know what I am talking about.....Only we know that look...

So gently as possible with the help of some nail polish remover
Himself releases me from the door frame, then goes to work on the paint brush, just as quietly as can be, Himself thinking I am sure that he best tread lighty or over the edge I go never to return.....

Then Just as he was finishing.......

I am not even going to give any excuses for closing tonight I am just to upset over Tom and worried about John