View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hardroad7

Question NEW to all of this

Hey there all. I am new to this forum and Im kinda new to the whole concept that I need to face the problems in my life with my father who is an alcoholic and a friend who is going through recovery from drugs and alcohol. So please bare with me.

For a while now, I have been moved out of my fathers house. For a long time I pushed religion on him and tried to force him to be different. Now that I am an adult, I realize that was the wrong thing to do. I now accept that hes an alcoholic and that my mother is a drug addict and that I cant do anything for them but be patient.

However I now find myself in love with a recovering alocholic and drug addict. Hes only been "clean" for 40 days. We arent dating because he feels like he needs to work on things to better himself for me. I cant help but to think about myself and be selfish. Which I know is wrong. So I guess my question is how can I deal with him wanting to be better for a relationship in the future? I guess Im still kind of confused about what I am asking and all. I just wonder what if anything I can do to help him with his recovery?...

wow. I will post more later I just realized that I am really confused. Anyway I need yalls help.
What should I do?