View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
cmc

Hello to my old friends and welcome to all you new ones here on this thread.
It's been awhile and I'll give an update on how I'm doing and what's up with my son.
He has just 2 weeks left to stay in the court appointed facility. He was set to rent a house with a friend- just a room, but the friend backed out. They were in jail together and at the same place right now. If need be, my son can stay with him until he finds a place, but I think he has found an efficiency apt. It's close to work and to the old halfway house where he wants to attend meetings. This will be his first time on his own without someone sharing the rent.

I'm doing pretty well with all of it and have my periodic 'slips' of worry and fear- but I'm making progress. There was a huge transition for me when he left jail and just the planning stages of moving out on his own have been stressful for me at times.

I am very confident of his recovery and desire to stay clean. I don't like to imagine how I would be doing if this were not so....things going so well and sometimes I'm still fighting for my own peace of mind.

Alot of good things have happened for him...a great job where he is advancing; free meds given by his doctor last week; a very nice girl friend he met at work; good news on waiving all court and probation fees and most of all he has continued to make good decisions over time.

It's safe to say that his recovery is more advanced than mine at times...nobody's comparing but me. jmo I get alot of help from him when we talk- he's full of wisdom from God (he has a strong faith) and his program.

I've been so blessed to spend alot of quality time with him. When opportunities arose for me to drive him to the doctor or a training session, we managed to squeeze in some dining out and fun trips to movies, the zoo and a museum. These times with him were very healing for me, and him too, I feel.

There have been some very deep heart to heart talks about things that happened and what is to be. We lost so much when he was out using and in jail- my hope is that he will continue on this good path.