View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 08:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Barbara52

Originally Posted by splendra View Post
I don't understand why you have to tell him anything until after the fact just wait until he leaves pack and go...then there will be no drama.
He's unemployed and sits around the house all day. I will have to specifically ask him to leave the house for the day so I can throw everything into boxes and get out.

Originally Posted by splendra View Post
Thing is if you leave he will have possession of the house. As far as I know the one who leaves has less rights. So you might want to check that before you leave.
The mortgage is based solely on my income (easy enough to prove if necessary) since he's been out of work for close to 2 years now. He will not leave. He will not accept that we have to sell the house since we can't continue to live the way we used to on just my salary. He will end up realizing he has to move when the utilities get cut off because he has no money at all coming in. Lord knows what way he'll find to buy the booze.

We got married 4 years ago and added a second story to the house he already owned. Its now worth a whole heck of a lot. If he can find a way to buy me out, I'd be happy as a clam. I probably could get a court to order him out but I'll take my chances. At worst, I lose my share of the equity. At this point, leaving is worth that financial cost. But I don't think that is a likely outcome.