Thread: he did WHAT?!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Nitelite

to the shrieking teapot, steaming along....these are all "ahh!" responses...

BigSis, it IS good to realize he was a raging addict, strangely enough...to be reminded, CeCe, that I don't have to rage over the past...to realize, deep down, that this could help Josh...that Josh can buy his own heap, anvilhead, to get to work, and as for school; well, he will just have to figure that one out — when he's ready to go back, which he isn't, not right now...I love the "get to a meeting or six"...(!) and "just send money, Elana--" LOL!

Loveslife, Josh is — supposedly — clean right now. But he's been here several months and is no longer doing things to get his life moving. The longer he stays, the more dependent he gets ( he's 22 ) and the more he acts like a teenager, the more I mother him. He is working, but little else

Plus, & as long as he is here, I will continue to obsess over his sobriety, and his growing up-ness, and whether he has skinned his knee today or wants cookies from the store!
He needs to grow up as much as I need him to...There can be insanity even without the drinking & drugging...

The car is ticklish--there's no real mass transit here....and everything is sprawl.
But he is saving, so...really, it would be better for him to get his own, without mom or (grrr..soft, stay way from me....grrrrrr.) dad.