View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Thumbs up

First off let me say that I mean no disrespect by this, but when I read your original post here, Misscat, I was reminded of the story of the man who went to the doctor, and while he was hitting himself on the head with a 2x4, he told the doctor, " I hurts when I do this doc...?" so the doc said, "Well, DON'T do that!".... (o:

Dose it really matter?......: "It may be anxiety based...is this alcoholic/addictive thinking? Or just a behavioral/social habit that hasnt yet changed?"

Try staying out of social situations for a while, and get comfortable in your own skin; enjoying your own company.

And one final note. I'll leave you with what I answered to your previous post 'Scared'.....:

"You've gotten a lot of good suggestions so far; one of the first things I might suggest you do is.....

you say, "I am not sure I can be completely sober..." .......... well, you're absolutely right; with this kind of thinking/attitude you won't be able to.....soooooooo..........

CHANGE your THINKING/ATTITUDE..... (o:

There's a lot to be said for 'the power of positive thinking' or 'you sow what you reap' or 'The Principle of Mind/Thought....Action: Thoughts held in mind produce after their kind.'

You'll hear a lot, in AA anyway, that you can act your way into right thinking.....pure POPPYCOCK! Thoughts do NOT follow actions; actions follow thought. There's never been an action where a thought didn't preceed it, even if only subconsciously

So, whether you believe in God and that you're created in His image or not, just remember that you have the power within you....you CAN get sober!!!!! So pick up some of the previously mentioned suggestions anf....GOFORIT..... (o: "

NoelleR
DOS: 6/23/86