Thread: happy 4th
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
helpus

Hope everyone gets t do a little something special, even if it's just red. white & blue sprinkles on your ice cream. We do "hot dogs for breakfast" My husands family has been doing this for over 40 years. When John & his sister were young, & his mother was pregnant with her 3rd, she wasn't feeling well on the 4th. So she asked my father in law to get the kids breakfast. So he said, ok kids what would you like? They said hotdogs. They havn't missed a year since. My husband is 54..ok 54 going on 12 (that's why I love him) & his sis is 56...so it's been a looong time. When I first went over, it took almost 3 years for me to be able to stomach even looking at a dog that early, but now I can do onions, hot sause ect. They also have keuchen, home fries, fruit, donughts. coffee, juice, & whatever. One year when John & I had a perment campsite, we told his mom we would not be there cuz we'd be camoing. His whole family packed up & were at our campsite by 9:00am. It was absolulty histerical. Family traditions can be pretty cool.