View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DramaQueenLucy

Originally Posted by BigSis View Post
Your alanon friends might say you have a broken "picker". Many of us do.

So.. are you still in that relationship? Or is it another in the past?

Are you working the steps with a sponsor? If not, my first suggestion would be to get a sponsor and do that footwork. Going through those steps - mostly writing and talking - helped me become clear about who I was and how I was so much like so many others.

...and not nearly as "unique" as I once thought.

I also attend "book study" meetings. These can be eye-opening. AA or Alanon... I've loved them all. You might be surprised (or not!) again by all the similarities.

I wish you well.
Well I have been attending Alanon on and off for years but I do need to find a sponsor and really work the steps as I should I know them but have not worked them...I always saw if as if I was on the outside looking in.

I am trying to end the relationship with my ex-hubby....he just keeps coming back...hum..why is that well because I did everything and even took the blame for things that I didn't do...he is in jail and every time he is their he "loves" me again and wants to put things back together but I have sent his letters back to him "return to sender" I know that he will keep trying and why wouldn't he? He doesn't want to lose his meal ticket and his punching bag. I have been "helping" the other guy (taking over his life to fix it because he is just not grown enough to do that for himself)....when I realized that I was the problem so no relationship with him is happening anytime soon if ever...he understands and is a recovering addict himself so we are friends.

WOW...I am just in shock and need to work on this new development.