Thread: I am new
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Misscat
Namaste

Originally Posted by AllaFlutter View Post
MisCat

Welcome...In recovery i learned it doesn'rt amtter what the drug of choice was...it was the expereinces..that is the common bond...Where we were...what happene and what it is like now...in many forms we all have been to hell and baack...someof us several times..in different ways each time..her ewe focus on teh recovery and just for today you can do this...it is a "WE" program...I know I woudl not be here if it were left up to me and me alone to get clean and sober...It took and continues to take others sharing with me.

Stopping is the easy part...Living clean is the deal today...and we do it together

Keep on keeping on

So glad you found us..Would liketo invite you to join us on the women's forum too.
Thanks for this.
Its weird, before, my fiance really hurt me...I am an artist who recently rented a studio for $150 a month--very cheap actually, and he said that he didnt think I would use it because it is about 25 minutes away. I said, well, if I am not going to be going out then I will definitely want to spend time there...and he just said he believed that I would just start going out again because that's "how I am..."
I said I needed a little more support, and he said--"look, I have been giving you support all this time, and it hasnt changed anything."
I dont know whether to be hurt or to just feel bad. Yeah, I have already thought about pouring myself a drink tonight and it pisses me off, mostly because I didnt think it had become such a big part of my life. I mean, I have gone weeks without doing ANYTHING, but not as much lately, and here I am thinking about it--its like I get bored and figety and just want an escape.
But I also wonder if my fiance overreacts or is more sensitive to me because his mom still is an alcoholic. I am not trying to make excuses but I wonder if he is trying to make me feel worse than I should. Sometimes my friends think he is too hard on me, and these are not people who abuse any drugs. They think that he is great but when it comes to this topic he overreacts. Personally, I think I overdo it when I am in social settings completely, and I dont feel like waking up embarassed or feeling like I have been distanced from people due to drinking at a party. But I dont overdo it at home at all. But what makes someone an alcoholic, I sometimes wonder...I know its not an easy definititon, but I just feel confused.