Thread: I am new
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Misscat
Namaste

Thank you Cali, I want to make the choice but I am scred that it wont stick, or that it will change my friendships, since they are all social drinkers (just not nearly as bad as me--I just never knew when too much was too much). If I have more than one drink in a social setting I just keep going! I dont want to be tempted when I am with my friends, but they really are good people that I dont want to lose.The people associated with club life I have phased out of my life, with the exceptions of a few that I have other important and healthy things in common with. A lot of people say that if you want to stay sober that you have to change the people and places you go, but I dont want to feel alone. It would make sense that AA would be a good place, but I live right next to the town where I teach and I would feel really uncomfortable thinking that I might run into a parent or student (I teach high school and if they found out they would have a field day--even though we get along!). Honestly I just dont want to lose the people I care about by avoiding the places that we meet. Has anyone else dealt with this?