View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bookmiser
Get Caught Reading

((((((((((Frankly)))))))))))))

OMG! I'm so, so very sorry for what has happened to your daughter.
Those monsters!
My God! What is wrong with people? What kind of evil are we living with here?
I can't imagine what your going through. I just can't imagine it.
The pain and fear.
I wish so badly that I could offer some good advice on what you should do.
I'm a mother of a 20 yo daughter. She decided to stay in Pennsylvania when we moved back home to Cincinnati. We just went to visit her a couple of days ago.
She shares an apartment with her gf and they are moving this weekend to a townhouse. The area is nice. A real nice neighborhood. There's always that fear though that something horrible will happen to her. We just can't be there for them 24/7. Even though we want to. (sad smile)
I know that 2 years ago, she was dating some guy that she thought she was head over heels with and left home in the middle of the night. Just packed her stuff and moved in with him. She said she left in the night because she knew I would try to stop her. Ha! She was right. When I woke up and my baby was gone...
I thought she'd been kidnapped. Brainwashed. There was no way she was gonna leave home of her own accord. What had I done to make her want to live away from me? lol
It took me a long time to figure it out. By that time, she'd broken up with him and moved home again. Her own decision, btw.
I was devastated for a long time. I then realized that she had more courage than I ever would. I would never have left home on my own.
He!!, after my divorce and my mother's divorce, we moved back in together and I was 26 at the time. I never wanted to leave home. lol So you can imagine how shocked I was. We want to protect our little girls from everyone and anyone that we think may harm them.
It's just that we can't.
Especially in your case. What happened was not your fault, not her fault.
We can love them, nurture them, and give them all the advice in the world, and just pray to God that they take it.
I applaud her for wanting to stay where she is. You must have raised a very strong willed young lady. Does she get that from her mama?
Oh, sweetie. I wish there was something I could say to help.
Just give her some time. Who knows? She may decide that living in Tn., is right for her, eventually. Give her a hug from me and I'm praying that everything works out the way it should. You take care and try not to worry too much.
I know...easier said than done. That's a mom for ya. lol
Your both in my prayers,
Linda