View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GoshinJ

Can You Possibly Force Treatment??

Is there any possible way that anyone knows of when it comes to an alcoholic who will never possibly go to treatment to force them into it. I mean my father is an alcoholic who is to the point where he passes out on the floor, can't even crawl to bed, urinates on the floor, has fallen countless times outside and inside his house because of the alcohol, etc. I have taken him to the hospital 1-2 times because of alcohol damaging his balance and coordination to the point where he falls down stairs, etc. I offer to drive him to the hospital to be detoxed or offer to find him the best treatment possible and he tells myself and my family it doesn't matter how many times we ask him to get treatment!! He says "you can ask me a million times and I'll never agree to treatment". The point is, the only way he can get help is through treatment because when he goes to AA meetings he stops on the way home at the wine store to stock up. It's getting to the point where I am just going to throw my hands in the air, and say, the hell with it. I still would appreciate any input anyone has on treatment or the law in NC where I live when it comes to somone being a danger to one's self and needing treatment for alcohol. I thank everyone for your time and thanks for any responses, sincerely,

Jeremy