Thread: gone again
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
notsleepingwell
I'm HOME!!!!!

Will he be that man again....perhaps. But will you wait and be dragged down into depths you cannot even imagine.....that will be up to you.

Addiction is progressive unless the addict gets help. And having hit rock bottom with my daughter, she lost her son, her job (she was an RN), her apt, her car....well the list goes on to living homeless on the streets, hooking for money for her next fix...I thank God I was on the outside looking in, not affected by the rent money being gone etc. Her addiction impacted me nontheless, I had to move home from the place and job I loved, to raise her son. And spent a year crying my eyes out.

If I had a choice, I would run from any addict, cause we can't fix em. If we could, you would never see them on the streets, cause they all have people who love them, and would give anything to help them.

My daughter is hopefully now working to recovery, she is on methadone. She seems like the light of my life again, but it's one day at a time!!! And the possibility of relapse is always looming. IS this the life you want?? Is this the father you would pick for your children?? Always unsure. Always walking the tightrope??

Just some thoughts!
NSW