Thread: Ignored wants.
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
escape artist

great thread! Most recently i have realized that i am getting everything i want! It happened through my recovery, and i had to take the time to really think about what i really wanted in my life. i always was able to pinpoint what i didn't want, but had a very hard time recognizing what i DID want. then i wrote down another list (!) of what i really wanted - no matter how outrageous or unbelievable to me it was, if it was something i really wanted i put it on the list. then i put the list away. i worked my program, i worked the steps and i paid attention to what was in front of me, because the miracle was the things presented before me were leading me to exactly what i wanted! the way is made clear...and it is UNBELIEVABLE how well it is turning out.
all this crystallized for me the concept that indeed i am well loved by a higher power that truly wants me to be happy. and yes I have enough, i do enough and i AM enough. i am blessed.

my steps in Gratitude is where it began. it was difficult at first, and i most likely may have looked like a blathering idiot at times when i was in so much pain, but kept reciting everything i could think of to be thankful for. even the bad crap--thank you HP for blessing me with this opportunity to grow....and now my gratitude is overflowing with joy as i am TRULY blessed by all the blessings i have been given. you just got to BELIEVE.....