View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Well the admission of being an alcoholic does not always lead to an alcoholic thinking he has to quit sadly.

I openly admitted I was an alcoholic for several years, yet even then did not see that my drinking was a problem.

To be honest if alcoholism was not a progressive disease, but had ceilings of different levels of alcoholism and I had simply leveled off 5 or 6 years before I did quit I would probably still be drinking today. The last 5 or 6 years of my drinking were like putting the progression of my disease into overdrive compared to the first 35 years of my drinking.

Very few alcoholics realize they have a problem drinking whether they know they are alcoholics or not until either the problems overcome them or they have a moment of clarity and see that thier drinking is going to overcome them VERY VERY soon.

In simpler words I did not have a problem until I hit my bottom.

The only way for an alcoholic to hit thier bottom is to have the people holding them up to where they can't hit it let them go to where they can!

If we are held up from our bottom to long our bottom will result in permanent health and mental issues and or death.

You want to kill an alcoholic?

Keep helping him and covering his ass!!

He will kill him self!