View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 05:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sugarpup

i'm just waking up and my eyes are so swollen and my mouth is dry, i look and feel awful...

but your posts made me feel better! THANK YOU! and i must get up and smile for the kids... it's so hard, when will i stop waking up and hoping it is all a terrible dream?

you are right though, best, boundaries... i am obviously not a strong person, well i never was a strong person until i had lots of therapy, read melody beattie and came here, then able to ask him to leave (which is when he "got sober") and now am divorcing him because i don't believe he is sober, and because if he is, he hasn't changed as a person: still uncaring, unloving, unpredictable, unreliable, unhelpful, untrustworthy, unemotional and unkind...

but, back to boundaries, how do i allow him to see the kids and not abuse me? do i have to let him see the kids? or if i say that, it will be like i'm using the kids as a lever in our problems, but i do want to protect them from his insanity... don't worry i have contacted my attorny my email this morning... i'll see what his legal advice is...

thanks for your emotional support and advice, i would feel all alone in this world of craziness if i didn't have this forum to see how "common" it is among those who live with A's...

xo