View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 02:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mallowcup

I think this happens alot. It's easier to face a new life than face the old one. If he can trick his brain into blaming you for who he was, as if to say, without you, look who he is now, his problems are all solved. It's pretty simple right? With you he drinks, without you, he doesn't. Ever notice it's always someone driving him to drink? Cough! It is ironic that he thinks you caused theis problem and he solved it. Dork!
Your life is the evidence of his little problem, not the cause of it.
At some point in his sobriety it's probably a good thing that he wants more out of life than visits. I think it ended a year ago for you and he's just getting up to speed.
I think we anticipate the hard part is always ahead of us and for you, maybe the hard part is over and you are just realizing that the whole thing is over. You ren't going back. The whole thing is gone and he did it. I'd try blaming you too because I wouldn't want to explain it or live with it either. I think these dumb excuses used to fly when he was drunk and his frustration is with himself because sober, he has to buy the poop he's selling and it doesn't work anymore.
I think some alcoholics deside to recover when they sense you leaving, getting fed up. They get sober when you hit the wall. Too late, it's over and that's what you had been warning every step of the way.
As far as the yelling and blaming and all that poop, maybe its time to get a formal visitation arrangement. This isn't working.